What are PPC Ads?
Pay per click (PPC) ads are the paid ads that appear at the top and on the side of Google, Yahoo!, and Bing search results.
How do they Work?
Charges are incurred only when a searcher clicks on the ad. These ads are highly effective in driving quality traffic to a website and helping webmasters determine which keywords are most efficient in attracting customers.
Why is PPC a Good Supplement to SEO?
Unlike search engine optimization (SEO), PPC ads start driving traffic to websites as soon as the campaign is put into place. New SEO campaigns can take anywhere from 3-6 months before our clients start seeing results. Best Rank’s pay per click management services can drive immediate traffic to your site and test out which keyword combinations work best (i.e. which have the best clickthrough rates and conversions) while SEO efforts get off the ground.
Why Best Rank?
It seems easy to open accounts with Google AdWords and Microsoft adCenter and run campaigns, but poor management can have costly results. Most campaigns need extensive, ongoing analysis and a precise understanding of various marketplace nuances. Our PPC services pay for themselves many times over by increasing efficiency and freeing your time to what you do best: run your business.
Best Rank creates value for our clients through a cycle of strategy, testing, and optimizing to continuously find new ways to improve campaigns. We strive to break records each month to avoid the set-it-and-forget-it mentality that commonly plagues ongoing marketing efforts.
We believe human expertise merges with technology to drive thriving paid search results. Our experience shows that hands-on management makes us successful. After all, this is marketing and advertising—appealing to the searchers’ emotions and intentions is pivotal for success.
Computer-generated solutions in paid search can determine which of two ads is statistically better. The fatal flaw of depending on this mechanical management is that the technology can’t ask why or suggest an alternative option that would outperform both. Successful PPC campaign management is far more than managing bids, much to the chagrin of our clients’ competitors. We combine copy writing skills, keyword research, and conversion optimization to achieve the custom goals made in collaboration with your business.
Continue reading, or contact Best Rank to learn more or begin a PPC campaign today.
Sometimes we find that the PPC ads aren’t just beneficial as a supplement to SEO, but can be used as a stand-alone marketing campaign that generates a healthy ROI. Effective PPC ads can breed significant traffic increases in a short amount of time, and as a PPC management company with strong ties to all other forms of Internet marketing, we have the ability to use a variety of tactics to increase your ad profits. The only disadvantage is that as soon as the PPC budget runs dry, the benefits disappear; SEO effects are much more long-term.
Competitive short-term keywords (e.g. “real estate”) can cost upwards of $10 per click. As a leading pay per click company, Best Rank completes an extensive keyword analysis project for each client before any money is spent. We target long-tail keywords (e.g. “San Diego condos for sale”). This will result in a lower cost per click and a higher quality of traffic (buyers vs. shoppers) being directed to your site.
Regardless of whether you choose a pay per click agency for your online advertising needs or not, the benefits of a PPC campaign are clear. With the right mix of keywords, you can see immediate profits for your business.
What We Do: Overview
Competitor analysis – We need to be clear on who the competition is and how we want to bid against them. We will work with you to outline boundaries and guidelines for dealing with competition.
Keyword research and analysis – We analyze your existing keywords and explore new ones. Having the biggest list of keywords is not the goal. Instead, finding targeted keywords that have less competition and provide a better return on investment is what we are after.
Rule of thumb: short-tail keywords attract shoppers; long-tail keywords attract buyers.
Proper budgeting to maximize traffic – The budget needs to be controlled. There are different options for spending the allotted funds within a campaign. The choices we make depend on the goals of the campaign, and every campaign is unique. We can allocate funds throughout the day, all at once, or during specific hours of the day. These various options can be tested to find which is most effective. Without knowing how to properly set budgets, you can waste a lot of money in a short amount of time.
Keyword quality and variations – We want to generate keywords that are very specific to your offerings. Generic keywords often return a low conversion rate because the traffic to them is very high and non-specific. The generic terms can also have multiple meanings. Generally, the more specific the keyword is, the better the performance. Variations of keywords like misspellings can be very cost-effective because the bids are typically lower since the competition is lower.
Localization – We focus your advertising on the location(s) you desire. Whether counties, cities, or states, we can tailor both the geo-targeting and keywords of the campaign.
Negative keyword usage – Using negative keywords allows us to specify a term that, if used by the searcher, will prevent the ad from appearing. Eliminating these kinds of searchers allows us to allocate a limited budget to a more targeted potential customer.
Bid positioning for lower conversion costs – Many people believe that bidding to be #1 is of the utmost importance, and this simply is not the case. The truth is that the top 3 bids get the most traffic. However, as mentioned before, getting the most traffic does not mean getting the best conversions. We often find that being in the number 2 or 3 position can mean much cheaper clicks with the same or similar conversion. In some cases, even bidding to number 4 or 5 can result in optimizing the budget. You must have someone who can watch, analyze, and make those decisions. We want to get the best targeted traffic for the least amount of money.
Ad copy testing and refining – We test multiple ads for each ad group. We can find small nuances, like changing the order of the words in the ad, which can drastically change the result of the clickthrough rate (CTR). The CTR is the number of times an ad is clicked on over the number of times the ad is shown. The higher the CTR, the more appealing the ad is to the visitor. When your CTR is higher, it typically means that we are getting more targeted visitors.
Assessment of landing pages – When we show an ad for a specific keyword, it is essential that the searcher lands on the page that gives them exactly what they are searching for. We may suggest modifications to landing pages or the creation of new ones.
Landing page development by Best Rank would be an additional cost, and cost is determined by scope and quantity.
Conversion tracking analysis – A conversion is some action the visitor takes that you want to measure (e.g. a purchase or a signup). For a campaign, we will track submissions for orders. We are able to track which keywords led to a conversion and how much the conversion cost. We use these numbers to determine which keywords are cost-effective and which ones are not. We then make decisions on what keywords to modify or eliminate in the campaign. We provide up to 30 minutes of consulting to install tracking information. Any additional time is subject to Best Rank’s hourly rate.
Reporting and analysis to implement improvements – While the campaigns are being regularly monitored and managed, reports are done on a monthly basis. These reports include clickthrough rates, cost per click per keyword, and conversion rates.
What to expect:
Phase 1: Analysis and Budget for PPC
- Set goals and objectives – We work with you to establish some goals and objectives for the PPC campaign so that you can measure your return on investment (ROI).
- Current paid search campaign analysis and optimization – If something is working and just needs minor modifications, we’ll keep it rolling along. Our optimization efforts will serve to enhance areas that you’ve already learned can be profitable.
- Current landing page analysis – We analyze your current site for relevant pages as they relate to goals outlined for campaign.
- Budget formation – We help you formulate an ad-spend budget based on your business needs, competition for key terms, and available advertising budget.
- Select advertising medium – We determine which search engine ad services are best suited for your business needs. Google AdWords, Microsoft adCenter, and Facebook are most likely to be recommended.
Phase 2: Organization, Keyword Selection, and Ad Creation
- Campaign organization – We create campaigns and ad groups for specified products or services that will be promoted. This includes organizing each one to properly attract traffic that is likely to convert the desired actions on your website or ad.
- Keyword research – Based on goals and products and/or services, we develop a list of terms based on your level of paid search commitment.
- Keyword approval – We create a comprehensive list of all relevant and recommended keywords. This will be a thorough analysis of keyword research narrowed to the scope of your campaign; the result will be a list of the best keywords for your site to target. Best Rank will collaborate with you to determine which keywords should also be included.
- Write first set of ads – We will write two ads for each campaign within the style and word count restrictions imposed by the search engines, as well as your brand.
- Set up conversion tracking – We establish conversion tracking based on website goals and objectives, then generate and implement a conversion tracking code on appropriate confirmation pages (implementation may require some client assistance).
Phase 3: Analytics and Reporting
- Ad tracking – This is an analysis of monthly trends including ad performance, number of impressions, conversion rates, average cost per conversion, and more.
- Adjustments to campaign – We adjust campaigns and ads as needed to maximize clickthrough rate and conversions. This includes adjusting keyword bids to get the most cost-effective ad position
For pay per click in San Diego, or anywhere across the country, contact us for an immediate quote/consultation.