On episode 038 of Win The Web, Andrew and Alan discuss a political dog liking a couple of broke girl, how a Facebook graffiti artist makes millions for not getting paid to spray paint walls, Mobile SEO and the difference between mobile and desktop search, as well as the Toolshed – Toolparty, Bring your floaties!
Highlights from the chat:
- Stitcher has updated search to transcribe podcasts. You can find what you’re looking for word for word.
- Shoutout to Win The Web fan, Carlyle Dave, who hopefully thinks we have more than 100 fans.
- Breaking the rules to visit Andrew’s childhood online! The movie, Space Jam, still has it’s original site up from 1996.
- Mr. Labrador’s 14 seconds of political scrutiny; he “likey” 2 Broke Girls!
- How David Choe, a Facebook Graffiti artist, is now worth $200 Million after Facebook went public.
- It’s a Toolshed – Toolparty! Alan has exciting dreams of Niche Search Engine Tools!
- Zanran – data and statistics
- Wolfram Alpha – the world’s facts and data
- Omgili – forums and boards
- Topsy – content published on Twitter and the web
- Find Sounds – sample sounds and sound effects
- Daily Wav – sample sounds and sound effects
- Mobile web traffic is a big deal! What is the evolution of mobile and the SEO industry?
- Table of differences between mobile and desktop SEO. Fewer/shorter keywords, optimizing business local locations and following your analytics to find out where your target market is coming from.
- Mobile apps waste data usage. Andrew is moving to Sprint!
Carlyle David, David Choe, Mark Zuckerberg, Raul Labrador
Zanran, Wolfram Alpha, Omgili, Topsy, Find Sounds, Daily Wav
A Facebook Graffiti Artist becomes a Millionaire!
Visiting your childhood! The 1996 original website from the movie Space Jam is still up! Wow! http://www2.warnerbros.com/spacejam/movie/jam.htm